The Junior Driller/Lead Hand is an individual ready to take the next step in their drilling career. Building on the responsibilities of the Driller's Assistant the LH will be expected to perform additional activities including but not limited to:
- Being the drill operator on some projects with additional management support as/ if required.
- Assisting drillers with drill operation, coordination of site activities such as site setup, equipment operation, equipment maintenance, and site cleanup
- Maintaining safe work practices at all times
- Assisting the driller in supervising and training drilling assistants through on-the-job training
- Communicating with the client to complete the activities required by the job
- Previous relevant experience in the drilling industry (i.e. Driller's assistant/helper)
- Valid driver's license holder with a clean abstract
- Good communication and client relation skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work out of town regularly
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in the field anywhere from one to three weeks.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round, performing hard manual labour
- Strong work ethic
- Mechanical ability an asset