The senior driller reports directly to the Operations Manager and is the primary operator of Westech drill rigs in the field. A successful candidate will serve as the primary supervisor on-site as the crew performs the various tasks required for the job. The senior driller is expected to supervise the crew and provide on-the-job training to lead hands and drilling assistants. The senior driller is one of the primary contacts of the client and must have great communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and a positive attitude to best serve the client's needs.
- Five or more years of experience as a drill operator in addition to previous experience as a drilling assistant or driller hand in the industry
- Valid driver's license holder with a clean abstract
- Great communication and client relation skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work out of town regularly
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts in the field anywhere from one to three weeks.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round, performing hard manual labour
- Strong work ethic
- Mechanical ability an asset